Sunday, January 3, 2010

This is a story of one of my first home-making disasters...




The mess you see above was a result of one of my first attempts at doing laundry in my new laundry room. The washing machine has a tube that runs from the output on the back of the machine up and into the washtub to the right (it's the black tube in the picture). Well, on this day, the tube kept threatening to pop up and out of the tub, spewing water all over the floor. To prevent this from occurring, I decided to yank on the tube to place it more securely into the tub. What then happened was unexpected. The other end of the tube, on the back of the machine popped off... during the spin cycle! There was a veritable fountain of dirty water erupting from the back of the machine, where I couldn't reach it. I ended up man-handling the washer (thru sheer adrenaline) to the side so I could reach the back and get the tube back on. When I succeeded in doing so, the other end popped back out of the tub, continuing the spewing from another source. I finally got the tube all settled and the water fountains under control. Now I had to deal with the flood. Did I mention this was before we moved in? I had no towels or rags... newspaper was the best I could fine. Worked pretty well! Needless to say, the tubes are now securely clamped in their respective locations, courtesy of Byron.

Additionally, I found this janky mop in the basement to help with the clean-up. Mocha decided it must be some kind of wild animal carcass...




No comments:

Post a Comment