Saturday, March 27, 2010

As a new feature here at Fruits/Roots, we've decided to start an occasional series on wines we like to drink. Namely, cheap ones. In the words of the infamous Uncle Ed, "Anyone can find a good expensive wine. It takes talent to find a good cheap wine". Now, we do not have sophisticated palates, nor are we too picky. But for your entertainment and ours, we'll attempt a few reviews. :)

Up first: Funky Llama Cabernet Sauvignon. Available at your local liquor store for $6.99, but will be on sale for $5.99 next month in PA!



Jen's Thoughts: I like most all CabSavs (that's what the cool people call them). This one is pretty dry, medium-bodied (I don't really know what that means but medium is average so...). It's definitely drinkable, goes down smooth. I could see this with summer picnic foods. It's not too heavy and might go well with a burger or hot dog. :)

Byron's Thoughts: It's good, I like it. It's not bitter. I'd drink it again. I give it 3 llamas out of 4 (a totally arbitrary rating).

For our $5.99, we would drink this again. It's a good weeknight wine, inexpensive and drinkable.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment